I know I missed a couple posts but today’s is most important, so I’ll go back and get the others…later Today I am so thankful that I had my best friend, my “sister” for so many years. We shared so much together, good times, bad times, birthdays, secrets, hackers, PITAs. Last year, I happened to …
Tag: Carol Kane
- Alice, Alice's Restaurant, Barbra Streisand, Ben Gazzara, Bill and Hillary Clinton, birthday. America Online, Birthdays, Cafe Un Deux Trois, Carol Kane, chat, Flora Dora, Gena Rowlands, Giving Thanks, guest speakers, Happy Birthday, holidays, Hugh Jackman, iTunes, James Brolin, Katie Couric, Lauren Bacall, lurker, memories, Menopause, Perry Mason, Peter Bogdonovich, Regis and Joy Philbin, Robert Redford, Rosie O'Donnell, Sara Jessica Parker, Stephen Sondheim, Steven Spielberg, Sting, stress, surgery, Thankful, When I'm 64
Yes, I know I skipped a couple days…I’ve been in a lot of (physical) pain and it’s been hard to come up with things to be thankful for, other than meds. Today, however, I am so thankful for knowing my dear friend Alice. Today would have been her birthday. Adapted from https://power-surge.co/2016/11/09/another-birthday/ Another birthday …
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Alice, Alice's Restaurant, Barbra Streisand, Ben Gazzara, Bill and Hillary Clinton, birthday. America Online, Birthdays, Carol Kane, chat, Flora Dora, Gena Rowlands, Giving Thanks, guest speakers, Happy Birthday, holidays, Hugh Jackman, iTunes, James Brolin, Katie Couric, Lauren Bacall, lurker, Menopause, Perry Mason, Peter Bogdonovich, Regis and Joy Philbin, Robert Redford, Rosie O'Donnell, Sara Jessica Parker, Stephen Sondheim, Steven Spielberg, Sting, stress, surgery, When I'm 64
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- September 2015
- May 2015
- Mystery Author Extravaganza!It's a Mystery Author Extravaganza! On Saturday, December 2nd, eighteen authors from the Sisters in Crime Chessie Chapter will appear at the Reston, Virginia, library, speaking about their new books and short stories published this year.
- Thinking PhysicsThis is a fascinating beginner’s guide to Physics, perfect for anyone who is hesitant to dive into the world of math and science. We think the Smithsonian said it best: “What other book is used in both grade and graduate schools?” Thinking Physics is a rigorously correct, lighthearted, and cleverly designed Q and A book […]
- You Need Your Towel Today!Each year, May 25 is Towel Day. Do you know why? Towel Day is celebrated every year on 25 May as a tribute to the author Douglas Adams by his fans. On this day, fans carry a towel with them, as described in Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, to demonstrate their appreciation for […]
- The Little Free Library BookWe got this for Christmas in preparation for starting our own The Little Free Library Book
- Bryant Park Little Free LibraryThis last weekend we were in Bryant Park in NYC for the Tartan Day Parade. We wandered a bit around Bryant Park and came across this Reading Room and Little Free Library.
- Little Library LocatorA database of Little Free Libraries nearby.
- Take a Book, Leave a Book ~ From our Local Paper, AgainToward Stringfellow at the intersection of Point Pleasant and Peekskill is a cheerful, bright yellow and blue library; this is the Greenbriar Little Free Library #33664.
- Going to Scotland?At The Open Book, in Wigtown, Scotland, you can fulfill your dream of running a bookstore. The unique Airbnb flat costs just 57 USD a night, but it comes with a stipulation: renters also work at the bookshop on the first floor, doing everything that a regular bookshop owner might do in a regular, 40-hour […]
- Our Library BooksOur library is also an Official BookCrossing Zone. BookCrossing is the act of giving a book a unique identity so, as the book is passed from reader to reader, it can be tracked and thus connecting its readers. Look for the information label in the front of each book.
- Our Little Free Library on the Front Page of our Local Newspaper!Hooray! I’m not sure if we’re getting any more readers from this but we’re definitely getting more book donations. Right now, we’re getting an average of 5 new books donated each day – faster than I can keep up with stamping and adding BookCrossing bookplates.
- The Practice Revolution: Getting great results from the six days between lessonsInside the Practice Room: What works, what doesn't, what really happens, and how to fix it. Instead of the traditional obsession with how much practice students do, The Practice Revolution looks at how students practice in the first place. With over 320 pages of what works, what doesn't and why, it's the most ambitious, comprehensive […]
- Music CalendarLocal music events, musical history, holiday information, weather and much more
- Sleigh Ride Duet Fantasy: SheetI have loved this version of Sleigh Ride since I first saw it on YouTube. When I found out it was available in sheet music, I rushed to amazon to buy several copies for myself, my son, my friend, basically everyone I thought could play it. Lots of fun to play and to hear.
- A History of Western MusicCombining current scholarship with cutting-edge pedagogy, the Ninth Edition of A History of Western Music is the text that students and professors have trusted for generations. Combining thoughtful revisions-particularly to chapters on the twentieth and twenty-first centuries-with exceptional media resources, A History of Western Music provides all the resources that students need in a text […]
- Keep Up-To-Date with the Student/Parent PortalThe O'Connor Music Studio features fully functional parent/student portals. These are a great way to share information with you, save time, and add value to your lessons. The student portal provides you with...
- Help Your Kids with MusicI have ordered this book and CD combo for the music studio so parents can check it out to see if it would be useful for them to buy for home use. If any of the studio parents have this book already, please let me know what you think. Thanks! My copy came today and […]
- O'Connor Music Studio Nominated as one of the 18 Best Fairfax Piano Teachers!O’Connor Music Studio provides Fairfax-area piano students with high-quality instruction tailored to suit individual needs and learning styles. The dedicated instructor brings over 40 years of teaching experience to every lesson.
- Happy Birthday Duet Fantasy (Sheet)With this concert-worthy duet setting of "Happy Birthday to You," pianists will delight audiences with inventive variations of the familiar tune. Some sections are driving and rhythmic, while others are inspired by Classical and Romantic styles. Powerful chords and brilliant octave passages create thrilling musical moments. Audiences will enjoy a number of other musical surprises […]
- Ah, vous dirai-je, MamanFrom Day 4, Daily Listening Assignment ~ June 4. In 1778 at the age of twenty-two, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart composed a set of twelve variations on the theme “Ah, vous dirai-je, Maman” (better known to us as the nursery rhyme “Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star”) for the piano.
- Bach, Beethoven and the Boys - Tenth Anniversary Edition!: Music History As It Ought To Be TaughtFacts and trivia abound in this gentle expose of music history. From Bach's laundry lists to Handel's unexpected success in Italy, this provides a lively, involving format which treats musicians as human beings and which reads almost like an action novel in exploring their lives and approaches to music and its marketing.